Stu-Debt Follow-up Tasks Week 7 (3.13-3.26 broken up by Spring Break)
Obviously Spring break is for R&R. When we get back, we’ll need to step into full gear.
- VIDEO LETTERS TO SENATOR WARREN: Lindsay Van Dyke and Sarah Wentworth filmed interviews for the call to Senator Warren to respond to the stu-debt crisis.
- Maggie & Gemma will work with Lindsay on launching and expanding this social media effort.
- The public relations blast on the video will coincide with the opening of the Debt Fence, April 1.
- WE NEED TO GENERATE VIDEO LETTER FOLLOW-UPS TO AMPLIFY THIS CAMPAIGN. Use webcams & smartphones and upload as video responses.
- ON STUDENT DEBT AND THE WIDER ECONOMIC SQUEEZE, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TELL SENATOR ELIZABETH WARREN AS TO WHY SHE SHOULD ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?
- If possible, try filming a few over the break to test it out.
2. DEPT OF COMMUNICATION DIALOGUE PUSHED BACK A WEEK? Though Lauren couldn’t attend the meeting, we discussed pushing back the DOC dialogue and signage-making event to the next Wednesday (April 3) after Spring Break so we’ll have more time to publicize the event.
3. SUCCESSFUL RA DIALOGUE: Jackie reported on a very successful dialogue and signage session with RAs in Coolidge. Participants were eager to share their frustrations and created some sharp images and text. Hopefully several more will occur.
4. PROTECT SIGNAGE FROM SPRING SHOWERS? Erika’s correspondence with an Arts Extension Service staffer raised question of how to protect flyers from the weather? Plastic sleeves? No formal consensus, though the sentiment seemed to be to post the original renderings without protection, BUT WHERE POSSIBLE, CREATE DIGITAL COPIES OF THE SIGNAGE.
5. NEED TO CREATE AN ARCHIVE WHERE THESE IMAGES CAN LIVE. Maggie mentioned some kind of online archival platform and will follow-up on this.
6. NEED SIGNAGE THAT INVITES PEOPLE TO ADD THEIR POSTS TO THE FENCE. Ask Lauren about this.
7. CC TABLING CANCELLED FOR THIS WEEK. Too much going on before Spring Break.