PRIORITIES: 5 MUGSHOTS & 3 VIDEO LETTERS
1. Mugshots – everyone get at least 5;
- feature “what’s your number” debt load signs, or other statements on the economic squeeze, e.g. stress b/ working several jobs, hardships paying bills, future employment fears.
- full face or mask, e.g. Edu-Debtors Union used Groucho Marx glasses to shield people’s privacy
- print out in B/W, post on social media and scatter throughout Debt Fence.
2. Video letters for We Want Senator.Warren to Address Student Debt
- everyone do at least 3
- use webcams and/or smartphones
- ENSURE QUALITY AUDIO: do a test and upload the video make sure audio is usable
- What do you think of the student debt crisis?
- Concerns about the economy? Future job situation? For yourself, family, cohorts.
- Why should power holders – Senator Warren – address this issue?
3. Continue documenting and posting Debt Fence images.
4. Social media: post daily updates
5. Follow-up on classroom dialogue and sign-making sessions.
Lauren: Meet with journalism student for video interview. Produce small flyer(s) to distribute that invite people to post their own stories, debt load. Update Tumblr.
Gemma & Maggie: Get E.Warren media outreach & video letters campaign. Update Twitter.
Rebecca: Get video letters from UMass alums; translate alum stories into signage and blog posts. Update FB page
Erika: Research political art on fences and other outdoor installation sites for ideas on how to add creative elements to the fence. Post on blog. Update Instagram.
Chelsea: Write blog post on History class dialogue and sign-making session. Follow-up with People’s Market, Earth Foods, and Bike Coop pressing them on ways they can contribute signage about cooperative, green future alternatives.
Jackie: continue Coolidge RA outreach. Update FB page.
Planning meetings with Joel at Machmer E32
Thu (4.4) 1pm Rebecca 2pm Gemma, Maggie, 2.30 Chelsey
next Thu (4.11) 10.30 Lauren 1pm Jackie